Tuesday, June 2, 2009

It's your Mommy's 30th birthday!

Ethan, please wish your Mommy a Happy Birthday for me and tell her that I hope she has a WONDERFUL day! Here's a video for her (you'll enjoy it too!):

June 3rd is a special day for birthdays... not only is it your Mommy's 30th birthday but it's Gray Craven's birthday (June 3, 1946) and President Jefferson Davis' birthday (June 3, 1808). Gray was one of my best friends at St. Andrews School and now lives in Palatka, Florida with his wife, Wren (isn't that an interesting name?). Gray is a really neat Christian man and owns an insurance agency in Florida. I hope to see him at our 45th high school reunion this weekend.
Jefferson Davis was the President of the Confederacy and a wonderful Christian man. It is not widely known but the Davis family adopted a 5 year old black boy during the War Between the States. The Davis family rescued Jim Limber from a cruel guardian and filed the legal papers for him to be adopted by the Davises. When the Davis family was captured by the Yankees after the War, Jim Limber was taken from the family and never seen again. Don't forget to wish your Mommy a Happy Birthday for me.
I love you, Ethan,
Granddaddy
PS. Call me sometime 931-598-9160

No comments:

Post a Comment